The London Carriage Works is an award-winning restaurant serving modern British dishes using local, fresh and seasonal produce.
Opening in 2003 TLCW quickly established itself as one of Liverpool’s leading restaurants, enjoying rave reviews and critical acclaim. It has 2 AA Rosettes and holds an AA Notable Wine award for its extensive and eclectic wine list.
The TLCW bar is a convivial space to kick back and catch up. From Monday to Saturday until midnight (10pm on Sunday) we serve a full range of dishes - including plates to share and we encourage the full use of the drinks menu!
For our guests, TLCW has 24-hour room service from breakfast to midnight munchies and sunrise museli. The restaurant is well known for gluten free and vegan dishes, including full Liverpool breakfast and Afternoon Tea.
Built in the 1860's in the architectural fashion of the day - the elegant Venetian palazzo - The London Carriage Works was once the warehouse of a coach and carriage builders. During renovation the original name was discovered carved in the stone lintel above the front door and kept out of respect for the building’s history.
- AA Notable Wine List, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Awarded two AA Rosettes for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Matt Cooke winner of Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards - Tourism Star of the Year 2019
- Tom Caldwell winner of Liverpool Hoteliers Young Chef Award 2016
- Shortlisted for Taste Liverpool Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Highest Quality Assured VisitEngland Taste Accreditation from Taste Northwest 2014 and 2015
- Owen West – Young Merseyside Chef of the Year 2012
- Rikki Vidamour – Runner up – Young Merseyside Chef of the Year 2012
- Winner of The Mersey Partnership Annual Taste Award 2011
- Made in The North West – Mersey Tourism Awards 2008 and 2009
- The Taste of Liverpool – Mersey Tourism Awards 2008 and 2009
- Best Restaurant – Northern Hospitality Awards 2008
- Taste of England’s North West – North West Tourism Awards 2005 and 2007
- The Taste of Liverpool – Merseyside Tourism Awards 2007
- Best Restaurant – Mersey Tourism Awards 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Top 10 Regional Restaurants – Rémy Award Hardens Guide 2005
- Newcomer of the Year – Decanter Magazine 2005
- Liverpool Newcomer of the Year – Good Food Guide 2005
- Best New Restaurant – Theme Awards (National) 2005
- Liverpool Restaurant of the Year – Cheshire & Lancashire Life Awards 2005
- The Sunday Times Best Places to Stay – 100 Great British Hotels – 2017
- Highly Commended Hotel of the Year, Liverpool City Region Annual Tourism Awards 2016
- Hotel of the Year, Liverpool City Region Annual Tourism Awards 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015
- VisitEngland Silver Award for Excellence 2014
- The Sunday Times, 100 Ultimate British Hotels, 2013
- Hotel of the Year, The Mersey Partnership Annual Tourism Awards 2010
- Best Hotel – Northern Hospitality Awards 2010
- Best Small Hotel, Mersey Tourism Awards 2005 and 2006
- Sunday Times Overall Winner – Good Hotel Guide 2005
- Cesar Awards Good Hotel Guide “Cesar” Award – Best UK Newcomer 2005
- Top 116 Hotels in The World – Conde Nast Traveller (U.S) 2005
- Tatler 101 Best Hotels – 2005
- Hot List – the World’s 50 Coolest Hotels – Conde Nast Traveller 2004