The London Carriage Works is an award-winning restaurant serving modern British dishes using local, fresh and seasonal produce.
Opening in 2003 The London Carriage Works quickly established itself as one of Liverpool’s leading restaurants, enjoying rave reviews and critical acclaim. It has 2 AA Rosettes and holds an AA Notable Wine award for its extensive and eclectic wine list.
The bar is a convivial space to kick back and catch up. From Monday to Sunday until 10pm we serve a full range of dishes - including plates to share and we encourage the full use of the drinks menu until midnight! (10pm on Sundays)
For guests of Hope Street Hotel, The London Carriage Works has 24-hour room service. The restaurant is well known for gluten free and vegan dishes, including full Liverpool breakfast and Afternoon Tea.
Built in the 1860's in the architectural fashion of the day - the elegant Venetian palazzo - The London Carriage Works was once the warehouse of a coach and carriage builders. During renovation the original name was discovered carved in the stone lintel above the front door and kept out of respect for the building’s history.
- Awarded two AA Rosettes for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Matt Cooke - Sommelier of the Year Finalist, Liverpool Hospitality People Awards 2023
- AA Notable Wine List, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021and 2022
- Taste of Liverpool, Restaurant of the Year Finalist, Liverpool City Region Annual Tourism Awards 2021 and 2022
- Aislinn Sloan demonstrating excellence in the industry - miaList 2018
- Matt Cooke winner of Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards - Tourism Star of the Year 2019
- Tom Caldwell winner of Liverpool Hoteliers Young Chef Award 2016
- Shortlisted for Taste Liverpool Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Highest Quality Assured VisitEngland Taste Accreditation from Taste Northwest 2014 and 2015
- Owen West – Young Merseyside Chef of the Year 2012
- Rikki Vidamour – Runner up – Young Merseyside Chef of the Year 2012
- Winner of The Mersey Partnership Annual Taste Award 2011
- Made in The North West – Mersey Tourism Awards 2008 and 2009
- The Taste of Liverpool – Mersey Tourism Awards 2008 and 2009
- Best Restaurant – Northern Hospitality Awards 2008
- Taste of England’s North West – North West Tourism Awards 2005 and 2007
- The Taste of Liverpool – Merseyside Tourism Awards 2007
- Best Restaurant – Mersey Tourism Awards 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Top 10 Regional Restaurants – Rémy Award Hardens Guide 2005
- Newcomer of the Year – Decanter Magazine 2005
- Liverpool Newcomer of the Year – Good Food Guide 2005
- Best New Restaurant – Theme Awards (National) 2005
- Liverpool Restaurant of the Year – Cheshire & Lancashire Life Awards 2005