Philharmonic Hall

philharmonic hall
The original Philharmonic Hall was built in 1849 to house the country’s second oldest music society. It burnt down in 1933 and such was the determination of local music lovers that it was rebuilt on the same spot and re-opened in 1939. The building is Grade II*.  Designed by local architect Herbert J Rowse with an art deco interior and dutch and cinema sensiblities externally.